Lights! Camera! Action! Bird Rock goes to the movies. Get inspired by your favorite film and stroll the ‘red carpet’ down Beaumont Avenue with cast & crew. Walk, bike, trike, skateboard, or float your way down to the fun filled after party. You can expect great food, entertainment and games.
- July 4th registration for floats begins at 9:00a.m. at the corner of Camino de la Costa & Beaumont Ave
- A family donation of $20 is requested to help fund food & entertainment. Make checks payable to Sandy Solis and mail to 5781 Waverly Ave, La Jolla 92037
- 4th of July Parade starts promptly at 10:00a.m.
- No motorized vehicles-keep your entry traveling under 1 mph
- Beaumont Ave residents are encouraged to decorate their homes & yards
- Parade after party celebration located on Beaumont Ave in cul-de-sac behind La Jolla Methodist Church
- 1st Place: Uncle Sam Award for float entry with most impact
- 2nd Place: The Silver Bowl for most creative interpretation of ‘movies’ theme
- 3rd Place: Supporting actor for the best runner up
- 4th of July Spirit Award: The Murphy Cup for ‘best dressed’ house on Beaumont Ave
See you at the movies!